Path:More about us
Organisation of the Brno City Zoological Garden
The Brno City Zoological Garden is situated on 65 hectares of forested slopeson the outskirts of the Moravian metropolis Brno. In 1950, this area was declared to be a State Nature Reserve and it has had this status ever since. At present, certain part of the Zoological Garden, which is not occupied with the exhibition of any animals, enjoys the status of a State Nature Reserve serving for the purpose of protection of thermophilic elements of fauna and flora. The long-standing intentions and desires of the citizens of the City of Brno to have their own zoological garden were finally fulfilled, after various difficulties and challenges, in 1950, when the Zoo Foundation Charter was drawn up. The Brno City Zoological Garden was opened to general public three years later.